2017/18 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
HECS5188M Integration of Psychotherapeutic Theory, Practice and Intersubjectivity
15 creditsClass Size: 18
If you are applying for a stand-alone Masters level module please note you must meet either the general University entry criteria or the specific module pre-requisite for this level of study.
Module manager: John Lees
Taught: Semester 2 View Timetable
Year running 2017/18
This module is mutually exclusive with
|HECS3155||Integration of Theory, Practice and Self|
This module is not approved as an Elective
ObjectivesThe module aims to facilitate and develop the integration of the student's theoretical understanding with clinical practice as a psychotherapeutic counsellor and reflexive awareness of intersubjective processes.
On completion of the module students will be able to:
- Show an in depth understanding of intersubjective theories.
- Critically analyse current debates within relational psychotherapy theory.
- Integrate the above with reflective practice.
- Develop flexible clinical formulations based on theoretical analysis, critical reflexivity and intersubjective practice.
- Intersubjective approaches in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy
- Attachment and neuroscience
- Mirroring and attunement
- Clinical formulation within an intersubjective framework.
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||100.00|
|Total Contact hours||50.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||150.00|
Private study- Reading
- Searching databases, journals
- Seminar preparation
- Assignment preparation.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackParticipation in seminars and group learning activities.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Essay or Dissertation||3,000 words - an intersubjective approach to psychotherapeutic counselling||100.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Normally resits will be assessed by the same methodology as the first attempt, unless otherwise stated
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 10/08/2016
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD