2019/20 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
ARTF5910M Cultural Studies: Dissertation
50 creditsClass Size: 30
Module manager: Dr Barbara Engh
Taught: 1 Jan to 30 Sep View Timetable
Year running 2019/20
This module is not approved as an Elective
ObjectivesOn completion of this module, students should be able to make an original and valuable contribution to knowledge and understanding of an aspect of the subject with which the module is concerned; and, in doing so, to acquire the requisite skills of locating and interpreting relevant primary and secondary source material, collating and analysing evidence and presenting research findings in a lucid and coherent form.
- Skills necessary to undertake higher research degree and/or for employment in a higher capacity in an area of professional practice.
- Evaluating own achievement.
- Self-direction and effective decision-making.
- Independent learning.
- Use of methodologies and theoretical resources.
Subject of dissertation to be agreed with Programme Director.
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||496.00|
|Total Contact hours||4.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||500.00|
Private studyResearching, reading & writing
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackAttendance at and participation in tutorials, supervisions and workshops.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Essay or Dissertation||1 x 12,000-15,000 word dissertation||100.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Normally resits will be assessed by the same methodology as the first attempt, unless otherwise stated
Reading listThere is no reading list for this module
Last updated: 05/09/2018
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD