2019/20 Undergraduate Module Catalogue
CHEM2420 Laboratory Work 2b
10 creditsClass Size: 50
Module manager: Dr S A Gorman
Taught: Semesters 1 & 2 View Timetable
Year running 2019/20
Pre-requisite qualificationsLevel 1 in Joint Honours (Science) with Chemistry or equivalent and a pass in either CHEM1421 or CHEM1422
This module is not approved as a discovery module
ObjectivesTo gain further experience of relevant modern laboratory practice, which may include the synthesis and characterisation of chemical compounds, and the recording and analysis of physical measurements.
The three components comprise:
- the preparation of characterisation of inorganic compounds, and the use of spectroscopic techniques;
- the synthesis of a selection of organic compounds;
- a range of physical measurements and appropriate data analysis.
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||10.00|
|Total Contact hours||90.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||100.00|
Private study10 hours - completion of laboratory reports.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackMarking of laboratory reports on completion of experiments at approximately weekly intervals.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Normally resits will be assessed by the same methodology as the first attempt, unless otherwise stated
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 24/09/2018
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD