2021/22 Undergraduate Module Catalogue
ARCS3077 Research Project
30 creditsClass Size: 80
Module manager: Dr Sarah Isherwood
Taught: Semesters 1 & 2 (Sep to Jun) View Timetable
Year running 2021/22
Pre-requisite qualificationsBSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography programme specification for entry onto level 3 study
BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science (Audiology) programme specification for entry onto level 3 study
BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) programme specification for entry onto level 3 study
|ARCS2146||Research Methods and Evaluation|
This module is mutually exclusive with
|ARCS3264||Advanced Cardiac Principles|
This module is not approved as a discovery module
Module summaryThis is the last module of the research theme that flows through programmes and develops the students’ ability to critically find, use, summarise and communicate evidence and apply it to their professional practice.
ObjectivesThis aim of this module is to build on the research skills and knowledge acquired at levels 1 and 2 to enable the student to develop a deeper understanding of evidenced based practice. The student will undertake an independent piece of inquiry-based learning on a topic of their choice and will take the form of audit, systematic review or empirical research.
On completion of this module, students will be able to:
1. Design and carry out a relevant health profession based empirical research, audit or systematic/scoping review project.
2. Collect, synthesise, analyse and evaluate research data.
3. Reach meaningful conclusions from research results, place them in context and be aware of their limitations.
4. Present an overview of their project in the form of a conference style presentation
5. Present a lucid report of their project in the form of a journal paper written in the style of an appropriate scientific journal.
• Independent inquiry-based learning
• Ability to critically find, use, summarise and communicate evidence and apply it to practice where applicable
The philosophy of the research project & the approval process
Due to COVID-19, teaching and assessment activities are being kept under review - see module enrolment pages for information
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||278.00|
|Total Contact hours||22.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||300.00|
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Presentation||Online presentation of 10 mins + 5 mins questions||15.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
The presentation will be made online.
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 30/06/2021 14:19:52
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD