2021/22 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
PHIL5930M Special Options in Philosophy B
30 creditsClass Size: 10
Module manager: Dr Richard Rowland
Taught: Semester 1 (Sep to Jan), Semester 2 (Jan to Jun) View Timetable
Year running 2021/22
This module is not approved as an Elective
Module summaryStudents will study in greater depth the syllabus prescribed for 30 UG credits chosen from appropriate UG modules currently available in the School.The module is typically taken in Semester 2, although students may take it in Semester 1 if they are already enrolled on PHIL5095M Special Options in Philosophy in Semester 1.
ObjectivesTo enable MA students to broaden their intellectual base by studying topics which are part of the undergraduate syllabus.
- Advanced evidence of the learning outcomes related to the specific module used as the basis for Special Option study including:
- Knowledge and understanding of the material covered in the relevant module, demonstrating advanced skills of engagement with complex and varied material
- Ability to develop and produce a critical and nuanced written account of relevant material, identifying areas for further research and drawing on material from a range of relevant sources
- Ability to work independently, making appropriate use of supervision structures
The syllabus will be negotiated with the module leader and the MA Director in the light of the individual student's past experience and current interests.
Private studyVaries by UG module.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackVaries by UG module
Reading listThere is no reading list for this module
Last updated: 27/09/2021
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD