2018/19 Undergraduate Programme Catalogue
BSc Applied Health (Medical Education)
|Programme code:||BS-AHLTH/ME||UCAS code:|
|Duration:||1 Year||Method of Attendance:||Full Time|
|Programme manager:||Alison Ledger||Contact address:||email@example.com|
Total credits: 120
Attendance and successful completion of at least 2 years of a medical undergraduate programme in the UK or equivalent.
School/Unit responsible for the parenting of students and programme:
School of Medicine/Leeds Institute of Medical Education
Examination board through which the programme will be considered:
School of Medicine
Relevant QAA Subject Benchmark Groups:
This BSc programme offers an option within the Applied Health Suite for any students to develop a deeper professional interest in this important speciality area. Medical Education students have speciality teaching within the Introductory module; on the Learning & Teaching module; throughout their placement (which is organised in an appropriate educational setting/context) and within their chosen research area during the research methods course and research project.
The programme will:
- Provide students with the unique opportunity to be involved in teaching, learning and assessment activities of the MEU.
- Encourage students to take the first steps in involvement in their own education and the education of future medical students.
- Offer opportunities to develop the ability of analytic thinking and independent learning
- Develop awareness of potential career options in medical education in future
- Build on transferable skills (communication, team work, research) already acquired during the first 2-4 years of medical school
- Allow completion of a research project on a medical education topic of choice.
- Provide an opportunity for presenting their work in conferences and publishing in medical journals.
Year1 - View timetable
|GPPH3005||Learning and Teaching||10 credits||Semester 1|
|GPPH3008||Introduction to Health Systems||10 credits||Semesters 1 & 2|
|GPPH3014||Research and Evaluation Methods||10 credits||Semester 1|
|GPPH3015||Research Project in Applied Health||40 credits||Semesters 1 & 2|
|MEDS3003||Meeting the Objectives: Appraisal and Assessment||10 credits||Semester 2|
|MEDS3012||Approaches to Curriculum Development - Policy and Practice||10 credits||Semester 2|
|MEDS3013||Medical Education Placement||30 credits||Semesters 1 & 2|
Last updated: 02/10/2018
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD