2019/20 Taught Postgraduate Programme Catalogue
MA Writing for Performance and Publication
|Programme code:||MA-PECI/WPF||UCAS code:|
|Duration:||12 Months||Method of Attendance:||Full Time|
|Programme manager:||Garry Lyons||Contact address:||email@example.com|
Total credits: 180
- Normally a good honours degree in a relevant discipline (Performance Studies, English, Media etc) and a portfolio of 2-,3000 words of current creative writing (script or prose an advantage).
- Applications are also welcome from candidates with relevant professional experience (ie cultural industries, education, journalism, advertising and public relations, the arts) and equivalent qualifications.
School/Unit responsible for the parenting of students and programme:
Performance and Cultural Industries
Examination board through which the programme will be considered:
Performance and Cultural Industries Panel of Examiners for PGT Awards
At the end of the programme, students should be able to:
- understand and evaluate the major genres of imaginative writing, and identify their relationship to performance and other forms of cultural production
- conceive, research, plan and execute extended pieces of imaginative and performance writing in a variety of length and forms
- better appreciate the role of the writer and the text in collaborative performance or production contexts, and, more widely, within the cultural industries and society at large.
- begin to understand through practice-based experience how the writer negotiates his/her position within a collaborative project
- use a wide range of creative research methods to structure their preparation, planning and compositional practices, using a critical toolkit to analyse their own and other peoples work.
Year1 - View timetable
Students must study 180 credits comprised from a mix of compulsory and optional modules adding up to 180 credits.
Students will study the following compulsory modules
|PECI5102M||Research Project||60 credits||1 Jan to 31 Aug|
|PECI5402M||Story Workshop||30 credits||Semester 1|
|PECI5403M||Writing for Theatre and Radio||30 credits||Semesters 1 & 2|
|PECI5405M||Research Perspectives (Writing for Performance and Publication)||30 credits||Semester 1|
Candidates will be required to take 30 credits of optional modules:
|PECI5104M||Individual Project||30 credits||Semester 2|
|PECI5106M||Performance and Collaborative Enterprise||30 credits||Semester 2|
|PECI5404M||Writing for Film and Television||30 credits||Semester 2|
Last updated: 06/09/2019
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD