2018/19 Undergraduate Module Catalogue
ARCS3203 Focused Professional Practice
10 creditsClass Size: 30
Module manager: Helen Harcus
Taught: Semesters 1 & 2 (Sep to Jun) View Timetable
Year running 2018/19
Pre-requisite qualificationsNormally satisfactory completion of year 2 BSc (Hons) Radiography (or equivalent)
This module is not approved as a discovery module
ObjectivesHECS 3203 will give the student the opportunity to focus their clinical practice on a specific area of diagnostic imaging. The student will undertake a 2 week clinical placement in their chosen field.
The student will negotiate the placement area themselves and will be required to undertake a formative clinical assessment form appropriate to their focused clinical area.
The student will learn to develop their imaging skills in focused imaging areas of practice. The module is mainly student led under the supervision of the module manager.
Negotiated learning contracts will set out achievable aims.
1. To negotiate a practice placement within a specialist imaging practice of their choice.
2. Critical Evaluation of practices and procedure of the specialist Imaging practice.
3. To undertake a critical evaluation of the specialist imaging practice in terms of the clinical application.
- Integration of imaging skills in focused imaging areas
- Communication skills
- Team working
- Time and resource management
- Image assessment
- Application of health and safety.
- A specialist imaging practice relevant to focused imaging area
- interpersonal skills in practice
- management of self, immediate specialist clinical environment and colleagues
- signs and symptoms relevant to body systems imaged
- appropriate integration between provisional diagnosis and imaging modality
- health and safety.
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||21.00|
|Total Contact hours||79.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||100.00|
Private study- Reading / literature search
- Assessment preparation
- Tutorial preparation
- Placement negotiation
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackStudents are monitored for attendance and progress using weekly formative clinical assessment forms gaining feedback from the clinical staff.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Normally resits will be assessed by the same methodology as the first attempt, unless otherwise stated
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 12/12/2018 10:48:53
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD