2020/21 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
LUBS5483M The Global Marketing Professional
15 creditsClass Size: 250
Module manager: Lynn Pattison
Taught: 1 May to 31 July View Timetable
Year running 2020/21
This module is not approved as an Elective
Module summaryThis module aims at developing students’ interpersonal and professional skills and competences for the global marketing environment. On completion, students will be able to articulate and demonstrate the knowledge, skills and personal attributes that will help them find their place and develop a career in an ever-changing employment market.
ObjectivesThis module aims to empower students by developing personal and professional skills and competencies essential for success in the global marketing environment.
Upon completion of the module, students will be able to:
1. Identify and set personal objectives for their professional development.
2. Critically reflect on their learning and development of professional skills.
3. Plan a strategy to achieve their professional goals.
4. Explore effective workplace behaviours and competences.
5. Investigate concepts and techniques to improve effectiveness when working in diverse teams.
6. Critically evaluate ethical issues that may be encountered by marketing professionals.
7. Develop effective business communication and professional networking skills.
- Planning for and critical reflection on personal and professional development.
- Professional competences (e.g. Emotional intelligence, resilience.)
- Team roles and dynamics, developing an effective team. Cultural diversity in teams at work.
- Fundamentals of ethics and professionalism.
- Business communications including creating and delivering successful presentations, building professional relationships, personal branding and interpersonal skills.
- Insight into the professions and career opportunities.
- Career planning and development including identification of opportunities, creating a professional CV and online profile and preparing for interviews and assessment centres.
Due to COVID-19, teaching and assessment activities are being kept under review - see module enrolment pages for information
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||120.00|
|Total Contact hours||30.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||150.00|
Private studyReading, reflection on personal development plan and reviewing outcomes, researching employment opportunities and seeking experiences and feedback to improve personal development.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackProgress will be reviewed via regular question and answer sessions during lectures and seminars.
Formative feedback is integrated into the module teaching via seminars where students practice their professional skills and give and receive feedback. For example, students are required to give a presentation where feedback is given in class and supported with video and written feedback. This ties in with the video CV assignment.
Feedback is provided in class to provide advice and support for the assignment.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Presentation||Individual video presentation||30.00|
|Reflective log||2,000 word reflective journal||70.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
The resit for this module will be 100% by 2,000 word reflective journal
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 23/03/2021
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD