2021/22 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
COLO5162M Advanced Colour Science
15 creditsClass Size: 30
Module manager: Dr Natalia Sergeeva
Taught: Semester 1 (Sep to Jan) View Timetable
Year running 2021/22
This module is not approved as an Elective
ObjectivesOn completion of this module, students will have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the major aspects of colour science, namely: the human visual system, the measurement of coloured materials, the properties and applications of colorants, the ways in which coloured materials can be created and reproduced, and the psychological effects of colour.
- Independent learning in familiar and unfamiliar situations.
- Critical analysis and interpretation of data and text.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Origins of colour
- Colour vision
- Colour measurement
- Colorant properties and applications
- Colour reproduction by printing, photography and television
- Psychology of colour
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||116.00|
|Total Contact hours||34.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||150.00|
Private study- 40 hours: guided reading
- 33 hours: background reading
- 43 hours: revision
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackPerformance in tutorials and computer classes.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Online Assessment||2 online MCQ assessments||80.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Normally resits will be assessed by the same methodology as the first attempt, unless otherwise stated
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 18/10/2021 09:59:22
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD