2021/22 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
LUBS5493M The Global Marketing Professional
15 creditsClass Size: 250
Module manager: Nicky Kinsey
Taught: Semester 1 (Sep to Jan) View Timetable
Year running 2021/22
This module is not approved as an Elective
Module summaryThis module aims at developing students’ interpersonal and professional skills and competences for the global marketing environment. On completion, students will be able to articulate and demonstrate the knowledge, skills and personal attributes that will help them find their place and develop a career in an ever-changing labour market.
ObjectivesThis module aims to empower students by developing personal and professional skills and competencies essential for optimising employability and succeeding in the global marketing environment.
Upon completion of the module, students will be able to:
1. Identify and set personal objectives for their professional development and employability.
2. Critically reflect on their learning and development of professional skills.
3. Plan a strategy to achieve their professional goals.
4. Explore effective workplace behaviours and competences.
5. Investigate concepts and techniques to improve effectiveness when working in diverse teams.
6. Critically evaluate ethical issues that may be encountered by marketing professionals.
7. Develop effective business communication and professional networking skills.
- Planning for and critical reflection on personal and professional development.
- Professional competences (e.g. Emotional intelligence, resilience.)
- Team roles and dynamics, developing an effective team. Cultural diversity in teams at work.
- Fundamentals of ethics and professionalism.
- Business communications including creating and delivering successful presentations, building professional relationships, personal branding and interpersonal skills.
- Insight into the professions and career opportunities.
- Career planning and development including identification of opportunities, creating a professional CV and online profile and preparing for interviews and assessment centres.
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||0.00|
|Total Contact hours||30.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||30.00|
Private studyThis could include a variety of activities, such as reading, watching videos, question practice and exam preparation.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackYour teaching methods could include a variety of delivery models, such as face-to-face teaching, live webinars, discussion boards and other interactive activities. There will be opportunities for formative feedback throughout the module.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Presentation||Individual video presentation||30.00|
|Essay||2,000 word essay||70.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
The resit for this module will be 100% by essay.
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 30/06/2021 15:20:04
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD