2021/22 Undergraduate Module Catalogue
SOEE3450 Structural Geology
10 creditsClass Size: 33
Module manager: Dr Geoffrey Lloyd
Taught: Semester 1 (Sep to Jan) View Timetable
Year running 2021/22
This module is mutually exclusive with
|SOEE5720M||Fault and Fold Systems|
This module is not approved as a discovery module
ObjectivesOn completion of this module students should be able to:
- understand the development of structures in different tectonics settings and scales,
- apply appropriate structural models to evaluate the spatial and temporal evolution of folds and fault arrays, Integrate structural and geophysical data and interpretations.
- Deformation regimes (contractional, extensional and transpressional/transtensional);
- Geodynamics (lithospheric stress states, including rheology).
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||67.00|
|Total Contact hours||33.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||100.00|
Private study- Pre and post class reading and evaluation of prescribed current literature
- Summarising and completing practical exercises.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackFeedback in practical classes and coursework,general module feedback and review in Week 11.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Practical||2 x practical class exercises (50% each): 1 x ‘Geology-style’ report and 1 x A0 conference-style poster||100.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
The assessment for this module comprises two in-class assessments. If the overall mark is a fail, re-assessment will comprise a 2 hrs examination during the re-sit period.
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 30/06/2021 16:25:48
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD