2022/23 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
CIVE5190M Advanced Project Management
15 creditsClass Size: 130
Module manager: Professor Rodney Turner
Taught: Semester 2 (Jan to Jun) View Timetable
Year running 2022/23
This module is not approved as an Elective
Objectives1. To enable students to understand the complex reality of the project delivery environment
2. To provide students with a holistic and integrative viewpoint of complex project management bringing together learning from other modules and new learning specific to this module.
3. To enable students to critically review performance of complex projects.
On completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Assemble data from a variety of sources concerning complex projects with which they are not familiar and construct cases from this data which they will then be capable of analysing from a number of perspectives.
2. Take concepts from other fields (such as governance, corporate social responsibility, human resource management) and us these as a perspective to analysis engineering project cases.
3. Be aware of current best practice in managing complex engineering projects and how this may be engendered through managerial interventions
Understanding managerial and leadership behaviours and actions to deliver complex projects.
Complexity in projects; megaprojects; evaluating complex project performance; governance; ethics; leadership; practitioner perspectives on delivering complex projects
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||115.00|
|Total Contact hours||35.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||150.00|
Private studyIndependent group case creation – 35 hours; Individual blended learning exercises – 30 hours; Independent reflective reading – 50 hours.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackAll case work is reviewed daily through submission or written reports and/or presentations to provide a formative assessment.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Resit by 100% essay.
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 29/04/2022 15:30:28
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD