2022/23 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
EDUC5055M Directed Study in Education 1
Module manager: Dr Mohammad Ahmadian
Taught: Semester 1 (Sep to Jan), Semester 2 (Jan to Jun) View Timetable
Year running 2022/23
This module is not approved as an Elective
ObjectivesIn completing this module students will be able to:
- identify an educational topic of professional or personal interest or of immediate individual concern in their own school or college;
- engage in discussion with a tutor(s) concerning how this topic might be investigated;
- under supervision, carry out the study and associated reading or, if appropriate, research in their own school/college on the topic placing this school/college-based study and the individual school/college into the broader perspective of the experience of other institutions and of the national/local situation;
- under supervision, write up the study in an appropriate form.
- Students negotiate the content and format of Directed Study on an individual basis.
- The programme of reading will be dependent on the subject under study.
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||148.00|
|Total Contact hours||2.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||150.00|
Private studyThese four hours may be face-to-face or distance, and may take the form of lectures, seminars, tutorials and practical classes, as agreed between the tutor and the student.
Additional meetings may be held subject to agreement between students and supervisors.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackProgress will be assessed during discussions between tutor and student.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Essay||3,000 words or equivalent piece of work||100.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Normally resits will be assessed by the same methodology as the first attempt, unless otherwise stated
Reading listThere is no reading list for this module
Last updated: 29/04/2022 15:28:42
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD