2022/23 Undergraduate Module Catalogue
LAW2660 Preparation for the Year Abroad
5 creditsClass Size: 64
Module manager: Dr Chloe Wallace
Taught: Semester 2 (Jan to Jun) View Timetable
Year running 2022/23
Pre-requisite qualificationsA-C A level grade or equivalent
This module is not approved as a discovery module
Module summaryA module containing preparatory material for students studying abroad.
ObjectivesThe objective of this module is to engage students intending to spend a year abroad in year 3 in two key processes: personal goal setting; and reflection on the environment to which they are planning to travel.
By the end of this module students will:
- have heard first-hand about the student experience in the country they are planning to visit;
- have reflected on what they have heard and how it affects their planning;
- have a set of clear personal goals for the year abroad, with an idea of how to achieve them and how they will know they are achieved.
Students will learn about the organisation of legal education in the country they are visiting, and the organisation, culture and student experience in the university they are visiting.
Students will learn about SMART goal setting, and will set their own goals for the year abroad.
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||46.00|
|Total Contact hours||4.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||50.00|
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Project||1 x 1,000-word reflective report on student interviews||50.00|
|Project||Approximately 1,000-word Year Abroad pre-plan||50.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Normally resits will be assessed by the same methodology as the first attempt, unless otherwise stated
Reading listThere is no reading list for this module
Last updated: 29/04/2022 15:29:03
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD