2022/23 Undergraduate Module Catalogue
LAW9007 Study Abroad: Law with Hispanic Law
120 creditsClass Size: 30
Module manager: Dr Chloe Wallace
Taught: Semesters 1 & 2 (Sep to Jun) View Timetable
Year running 2022/23
|LAW2660||Preparation for the Year Abroad|
This module is not approved as a discovery module
Module summaryDuring this module, students spend a year studying Law in one of our partner universities.
ObjectivesThis module gives students the opportunity to:
- make substantial linguistic progress in Spanish over a wide range of registers;
- face the linguistic, intellectual and psychological challenges of living in another country;
- acquire a deeper knowledge and appreciation of the culture of a Spanish speaking country;
- enhance their knowledge of the law of a Spanish speaking country;
- place their study of that law within the wider social and cultural context;
- experience the culture and legal culture of a Spanish speaking country first hand and gained intercultural competence.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- gain a knowledge of elements of foundational private and public law of a Spanish speaking country;
- gain a knowledge of further areas of the law of a Spanish speaking country;
- learn how to work with the legal instruments of a Spanish speaking country;
- gain a specialised knowledge of legal Spanish.
Students will have had the opportunity to acquire:
- skills of adaptability and cultural flexibility;
- skills necessary for the exercising of personal responsibility;
- decision making;
- improved fluency and proficiency in Spanish.
Students must take at least 40 ECTS credits, or equivalent, of Law subjects offered by the partner university. They must, in addition, complete a reflective learning journal and submit a series of reflections. Those reflections will require them to consider issues of educational, cultural and legal similarity an difference
Students are not permitted to study subjects which are substantively similar to those already taken in Leeds.
|Private study hours||1,200.00|
|Total Contact hours||0.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||1,200.00|
Private studyThe School is committed to providing an excellent student education and experience. This will involve a variety of teaching methods and follow a blended learning model, including meaningful on-campus in-person teaching for all students. Further information regarding teaching delivery will follow.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackFormal monitoring is undertaken by the host institution. Leeds staff monitor through the submission of reflections over the year, the receipt of marks where available, and ongoing pastoral contact.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Normally resits will be assessed by the same methodology as the first attempt, unless otherwise stated
Reading listThere is no reading list for this module
Last updated: 29/04/2022 15:29:06
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD