2022/23 Undergraduate Module Catalogue
LUBS3620 International Business Finance
10 creditsClass Size: 170
Module manager: Bin Xu
Taught: Semester 1 (Sep to Jan) View Timetable
Year running 2022/23
Pre-requisite qualificationsLUBS1952 Economic Theory and Applications for Finance
LUBS2205 Corporate Finance
LUBS2206 Corporate Financial Management
This module is mutually exclusive with
|LUBS2035||Finance for Small Business|
This module is not approved as a discovery module
ObjectivesThe module is designed to provide a conceptual framework within which the key financial and strategic decisions of a multinational company can be analysed. It also includes an essential introduction to the foreign exchange markets.
On completion of this module, students should have acquired an appreciation of the functions of multinationals as well as the external environment in which they must operate.
Upon completion of this module students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a depth of understanding of the key determinants of foreign exchange rates and activity of foreign exchange markets
- Critically evaluate the concepts and techniques involved in managing the rate risk
- Analyse and evaluate the use of various hedging instruments (e.g. forward, futures, options, swap)
- An overview of international financial management
- The international monetary system
- The foreign exchange market
- International parity relationships
- Dealing with financing, investment and currency risk in the international setting, using options, futures, swaps and including hedging and exposure management
- The relation between multinationals and their overseas subsidiaries
- Foreign direct investment decisions
- Financing corporations in an international context.
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||73.00|
|Total Contact hours||27.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||100.00|
Private studyThis could include a variety of activities, such as reading, watching videos, question practice and exam preparation.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackFormative feedback will be available through seminar activities and group discussions.
Methods of assessment
|Exam type||Exam duration||% of formal assessment|
|Standard exam (closed essays, MCQs etc)||2 hr 00 mins||100.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Exams)||100.00|
The resit for this module will be 100% by 2 hour examination.
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 12/05/2022 10:16:29
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD