2022/23 Undergraduate Module Catalogue
LUBS3670 Financial Analysis
30 creditsClass Size: 150
Module manager: Dr Helen Short
Taught: Semesters 1 & 2 (Sep to Jun) View Timetable
Year running 2022/23
|LUBS2290||Intermediate Financial Accounting|
This module is mutually exclusive with
|LUBS3316||Dissertation for Accounting, Banking and Finance|
This module is not approved as a discovery module
ObjectivesThe objective of this module is to introduce students to the conceptual framework and methodology of financial and business analysis.
On completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Access and utilise company and industry strategic, financial and stock market information from a variety of hard copy and computerised data sources;
- Research and analyse UK listed companies’ strategic, accounting and stock market performance.
Indicative syllabus includes:
- Introduction to financial and business analysis
- Accessing company and industry information
- Assessing strategic direction
- Overview of financial statements
- Techniques of financial analysis: cross sectional and time series analysis
- Stock market performance: assessing share price movements and market indicators
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||270.00|
|Total Contact hours||30.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||300.00|
Private studyThis could include a variety of activities, such as reading, watching videos, question practice and exam preparation.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackStudents receive two individual feedback meetings of 30 minutes each (1 hour in total for each student).
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Report||8,000 word Project Report||100.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
The resit for this module will be 100% by 8,000 word coursework.
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 20/07/2022 12:01:21
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD