2022/23 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
BIOL5291M Short Bioscience Research or Literature Project
30 creditsClass Size: 30
Module manager: Dr Aysha Divan
Taught: Semesters 1 & 2 (Sep to Jun) View Timetable
Year running 2022/23
This module is mutually exclusive with
|Bioscience MSc Research Proj
This module is not approved as an Elective
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
- carry out a short bioscience research or literature review project;
- collate, analyse and present scientific data in relation to bioscience;
- (research project only) prepare a report, in a scientifically acceptable format, including an appropriate summary of relevant literature, outline aims of the project, descriptions of the methods used, details of the results obtained, conclusions drawn from these results and indications for future studies that might be undertaken;
- (literature project only) prepare a detailed and critical review of the literature in a defined area of bioinformatic research;
- use library resources, including computer based search tools and databases such as BIDS, Medline and the Internet.
Each student will discuss with an individual supervisor a suitable research project.
The title and objectives of the project will be approved by the Course Committee. As far as is possible the projects will reflect the particular interests of individual students.
|Private study hours
|Total Contact hours
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)
Private studyResearch and/or literature review.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackWeekly supervision meetings with supervisor(s), over the project period: 12 hours.
Methods of assessment
|% of formal assessment
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)
Normally resits will be assessed by the same methodology as the first attempt, unless otherwise stated
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 09/01/2023
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD