2022/23 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
COMP5530M Group Project
30 creditsClass Size: 70
Module manager: Dr He Wang
Taught: Semester 2 (Jan to Jun), Semesters 1 & 2 (Sep to Jun) View Timetable
Year running 2022/23
This module is not approved as an Elective
Module summaryThe Group Project provides an opportunity for you to work on a major computing project as part of a team. The project will further develop both your team working/ project management skills and your technical knowledge and skills.
ObjectivesOn completion of this module, students should be able to:
- work as part of a group on a major computing project;
- identify and review relevant literature;
- identify and implement an appropriate project methodology;
- manage the project using appropriate tools and techniques;
- deliver a solution as negotiated with the supervisor;
- evaluate the solution;
- give a presentation to an audience of peers and staff on aspects of the project;
- write a report presenting the problem and its solution;
- reflect upon the project experience.
On completion of the year/programme students should have provided evidence of being able to:
-to demonstrate in-depth, specialist knowledge and mastery of techniques relevant to the discipline and/or to demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of concepts, information and techniques at the forefront of the discipline;
-to exhibit mastery in the exercise of generic and subject-specific intellectual abilities;
-to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of techniques applicable to their own research or advanced scholarship;
-to take a proactive and self-reflective role in working and to develop professional relationships with others;
-proactively to formulate ideas and hypotheses and to develop, implement and execute plans by which to evaluate these;
-critically and creatively to evaluate current issues, research and advanced scholarship in the discipline.
- Literature search and review techniques
- Project methodology and management
- Solution implementation
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Reflection on experience.
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||283.00|
|Total Contact hours||17.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||300.00|
Private studySelf-directed study: 283 hours.
Opportunities for Formative Feedback- Regular meetings with supervisor(s)
- Aim and minimum requirements formative deliverable
- Interim Report formative deliverable
- Progress Meeting with supervisor(s) and assessor.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Reassessment is not available for this module.
Reading listThere is no reading list for this module
Last updated: 14/06/2022
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD