2022/23 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
60 creditsClass Size: 30
Module manager: Dr Graham Bex-Priestley
Taught: 1 Nov to 30 Sep View Timetable
Year running 2022/23
Pre-requisite qualificationsAny 5 modules from IDEA5240M - IDEA5290M
|IDEA5210M||Introduction to Ethics: Reasons, Motivation, Obligations and|
|IDEA5220M||Professional Issues 1|
|IDEA5230M||Agents and Professional Responsibility|
This module is not approved as an Elective
ObjectivesTo produce an independent piece of work analysing in detail an aspect of professional or applied ethics.
The work should enable students to exhibit both some awareness of detail of theoretical ethical considerations and to indicate their application to issues in applied and professional ethics, where relevant making use of experience in the workplace and professional life.
On completion of this module, students should have an ability to:
- understand the critical issues bearing on an aspect of professional or applied ethics in significant depth;
- evaluate critically and in detail some of the main theoretical approaches to a particular issue in professional or applied ethics;
- apply this understanding to the thoughtful development of a significant line of argument regarding an issue in professional or applied ethics, which reflects their own critical engagement with the material studied.
To be developed in consultation with personal supervisor.
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||594.00|
|Total Contact hours||6.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||600.00|
Private studyStudents will complete a dissertation under the guidance of their supervisor.
Opportunities for Formative Feedback1 x 12000 word dissertation. Students will be supervised by a tutor and required to submit draft portions of their project, and submit their project at the end of the academic year.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Essay or Dissertation||12,000 word dissertation||100.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Normally resits will be assessed by the same methodology as the first attempt, unless otherwise stated
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 29/04/2022 15:25:21
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD