2022/23 Undergraduate Module Catalogue
NUFF3070 Project A
20 creditsClass Size: 55
Module manager: Jessica Mitchell
Email: J. Mitchell1@leeds.ac.uk
Taught: 1 Sep to 31 Jan View Timetable
Year running 2022/23
This module is not approved as a discovery module
ObjectivesOn completion of this module students will be able to:
- develop clear and feasible objectives to review a topic relevant to international health
- effectively search for and obtain an appropriate range of literature on this topic
- conduct a critical review of this literature
- draw logical conclusions, including further areas of research to inform 'Project B', from this review
- clearly present this review and the conclusions in a well-structured written report, according to the provided guidelines.
The international health topic will be of each student's own choosing (with guidance from the student's Project Supervisor and the Module Leader). Teaching is provided on the principles of literature review, effective literature searching, critical thinking and academic writing. It is recommended (but not required) that the student's chosen topic for Project A is related to their chosen topic for the compulsory Project B Research Project (NUFF3080).
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||182.00|
|Total Contact hours||18.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||200.00|
Opportunities for Formative Feedback- The Project Supervisor has responsibility to monitor the progress of the student's schedule of activities and learning during the module.
- Students and supervisors agree written minutes of each tutorial.
- Also, students are strongly encouraged to successfully complete the University quiz on plagiarism half-way through the Module.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Normally resits will be assessed by the same methodology as the first attempt, unless otherwise stated
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 03/08/2022
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD