2023/24 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
LUBS5449M Digital and Interactive Marketing
15 creditsClass Size: 355
Module manager: Dionysius Ang
Taught: Semester 2 (Jan to Jun) View Timetable
Year running 2023/24
Module replacesLUBS5448M and LUBS5486M
This module is not approved as an Elective
Module summaryThe proliferation of digital media has profoundly changed the way in which businesses reach, engage, interact, and maintain relationships with consumers. The course will provide students with a critical understanding of how digital media could be integrated with interactive marketing and broader techniques and strategies. By providing an in-depth knowledge of the core features and characteristics of various digital media channels, students will be able to appreciate the scope and breadth of digital marketing communications. In addition, students will learn how to combine digital and interactive marketing concepts within a strategic planning framework in order to create integrated online and offline marketing strategies and plans. Finally, the course will provide students with the tools to evaluate and optimize these marketing strategies and plans. Opportunities to experience and analyze the effects of creating a digital and interactive marketing strategy for a business will be provided through applicable projects and assignments.
ObjectivesThe media landscape has undergone significant changes in recent years where digital media channels are increasingly dominant. Thus, it is imperative to understand the inner workings of digital media channels and how they can be integrated within interactive marketing strategies to build strong customer relationships for retention and acquisition.
The module aims to provide a solid grounding in the fundamental principles of interactive marketing in the context of digital media. It will evaluate the core features of various media channels, and how to utilize them critically to manage the customer journey, as part integrated digital marketing campaign. The module utilizes simulation tools and practical examples, to demonstrate how digital media such as emails, websites, and banner display ads can be evaluated and utilized in an integrated marketing campaign. In addition, the module equips students with the skills to critically evaluate and measure the outcomes of digital marketing campaigns.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental concepts underpinning digital and interactive marketing
- Critically evaluate and apply related relationship marketing concepts
- Integrate direct and digital marketing concepts within a wider communications strategic planning framework
- Gain a systematic understanding of the core features and characteristics of various digital media channels
- Critically apply the knowledge of digital media to acquire, retain, and engage customers within the broader consumer relationship marketing discipline
- Critically assess digital strategies and produce informed, detailed, measurable, operational plans to address identified business problems
Topics we will cover:
- Principles of digital and interactive marketing
- Direct response and data management foundations
- Digital customer journey and experience
- Integrated digital marketing
- Measuring and evaluating digital marketing programs
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||120.00|
|Total Contact hours||29.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||149.00|
Private studyThis could include a variety of activities, such as reading, watching videos, question practice and exam preparation.
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackYour teaching methods could include a variety of delivery models, such as face-to-face teaching, live webinars, discussion boards and other interactive activities. There will be opportunities for formative feedback throughout the module.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Report||3,000 word Individual report||100.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Resit for this module will be 100% by 3,000 word individual report.
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 26/06/2023 10:33:31
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD