2023/24 Taught Postgraduate Module Catalogue
CIVE5170M International Construction Management and Engineering/ Engineering Project Management Dissertation
60 creditsClass Size: 139
Module manager: Dr Dicle Kortantamer
Taught: 1 Sep to 31 Aug (12mth) View Timetable
Year running 2023/24
This module is not approved as an Elective
ObjectivesOn completion of this module students should have developed the capabilities to:
- identify and define research problems;
- critically review relevant literature;
- collect, analyse and synthesise research data;
- present information in a logical and cohesive way;
- understand the limitations of their research work;
- elicit appropriate conclusions;
- prepare a statement of significance of their research work; and
- communicate through well-structured and written documents;
On completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a gap in body of knowledge in a chosen research area.
2. Develop research methods and research instruments for data collection.
3. Collect and analyse data to elicit new knowledge.
4. Produce a written research report.
This module will be used for the summative assessment of English language competency.
- Definition of Research
- Information Sources
- Research Design
- Research Methods
- Data Analysis
- Research Report Writing
|Delivery type||Number||Length hours||Student hours|
|Private study hours||568.00|
|Total Contact hours||32.00|
|Total hours (100hr per 10 credits)||600.00|
Opportunities for Formative FeedbackSupervision meetings with supervisor throughout the academic year.
Methods of assessment
|Assessment type||Notes||% of formal assessment|
|Essay or Dissertation||Dissertation of up to 20,000 words (excluding appendices) depending upon topic, and in consultation with the supervisor.||90.00|
|In-course Assessment||Effort and Engagement||10.00|
|Total percentage (Assessment Coursework)||100.00|
Re-sit - 100% Resubmission of dissertation
Reading listThe reading list is available from the Library website
Last updated: 28/04/2023 14:52:55
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD