2020/21 Taught Postgraduate Programme Catalogue
MSc International Business
|Programme code:||MSC-BS/IB||UCAS code:|
|Duration:||12 Months||Method of Attendance:||Full Time|
|Programme manager:||Ziko Konwar||Contact address:||Z.Konwar@lubs.leeds.ac.uk|
Total credits: 180
- A good quality bachelors degree or equivalent qualification.
- Applicants without these qualifications but with significant work experience may be admitted at the discretion of the University.
- Whilst an interest in International Business is expected, prior experience or qualifications in this area are not required.
School/Unit responsible for the parenting of students and programme:
Leeds University Business School
Examination board through which the programme will be considered:
Leeds University Business School
Our graduates will:
1. Demonstrate critical understanding of international organisations, their management, their cultures and the environment in which they operate.
2. Have critical understanding and knowledge of international business theories and frameworks and their practical application.
3. Be independent, critical thinkers, capable of generating insights and making judgements and decisions in an international business setting.
4. Demonstrate the independent research skills and advanced analytical abilities needed to approach complex issues in international business management.
5. Have the interpersonal and reflective skills required to operate effectively in a multicultural business environment and support and manage continued professional development within international business and management roles.
6. Have an understanding of the ethical and environmental issues that have emerged as a result of globalisation.
Year1 - View timetable
Candidates are eligible for the award if they pass the 150 credits of modules (including compulsory to pass modules) and achieve an overall average mark of 50 or above, calculated across the 180 credits of modules studied.
Candidates will be required to study the following compulsory modules:
|LUBS5217M||Globalization of Innovation||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5232M||International Strategic Management||15 credits||1 May to 31 July|
|LUBS5233M||Debates and Controversies in International Business||10 credits||1 May to 31 July|
|LUBS5261M||Cross Cultural Management||10 credits||1 May to 31 July|
|LUBS5267M||International Business Theory||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5901M||Quantitative Methods for International Business||15 credits||1 May to 31 July|
|LUBS5903M||Professional Skills for International Business||10 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5911M||Dissertation for International Business||45 credits||1 May to 31 Oct|
|LUBS5913M||International Trade Environment||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
Candidates will be required to study 30 credits of optional modules (15 credits in Semester 1 and 15 credits in Semester 2) to total 180 credits taken in all for the programme:
|LUBS5006M||International Business Finance||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5140M||Global Economic Coordination and Governance||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5214M||Foreign Market Entry Strategy||15 credits||1 May to 31 July|
|LUBS5231M||Managing Global Logistics and Supply Chains||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5268M||European Business||15 credits||1 May to 31 July|
|LUBS5270M||Chinese Business||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5914M||Global Business Immersion||15 credits||1 May to 31 July|
Last updated: 24/05/2021 12:50:17
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD