2020/21 Taught Postgraduate Programme Catalogue
MSc International Marketing Management
|Programme code:||MSC-LUBS7652||UCAS code:|
|Duration:||12 Months||Method of Attendance:||Full Time|
|Programme manager:||Professor Dayananda Palihawadana||Contact address:||D.Palihawadana@lubs.leeds.ac.uk|
Total credits: 180
A good quality bachelors degree or equivalent qualification normally in a subject other than a marketing specialisation.
School/Unit responsible for the parenting of students and programme:
Leeds University Business School
Examination board through which the programme will be considered:
Leeds University Business School Examination Board
Our students will:
1. Critically evaluate, selectively apply key academic concepts and models in a marketing and international marketing context.
2. Be independent and reflective learners and problem solvers demonstrating creativity in marketing and international marketing.
3. Be intellectual and critical research analysts able to identify, articulate and resolve marketing and international marketing problems and issues demonstrating creativity and insight.
4. Be effective and professional communicators in marketing and international marketing, implementing appropriate approaches and strategies.
5. Be ethical practitioners, in line with codes and regulations related to research and practice of marketing and international marketing and be able to understand and articulate the consequences of unethical behaviour.
6. Be aware of and understand the complexities of cross-cultural consumer behaviour and challenges of marketing across nations and cultures.
7. Work as part of a team and plan and organise tasks whilst taking responsibility for individual contributions in a group context.
8. Be knowledgeable and skilled graduates with sound understanding and skills in professional marketing and international marketing careers across a broad spectrum of organisations.
Year1 - View timetable
Candidates will be required to study the following compulsory modules:
|LUBS5401M||Marketing Dissertation/Project||30 credits||1 Feb to 30 Sep, 1 May to 30 Nov|
|LUBS5422M||Consumer Behaviour Across Cultures||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5451M||Marketing Research||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5455M||Marketing Communications||15 credits||1 May to 31 July|
|LUBS5462M||Global Marketing||15 credits||1 May to 31 July|
|LUBS5466M||Marketing Strategy||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5472M||International Services Marketing||15 credits||1 May to 31 July|
|LUBS5478M||Global Distribution and Supply Chains||15 credits||1 May to 31 July|
|LUBS5483M||The Global Marketing Professional||15 credits||1 May to 31 July|
Candidates will be required to study 30-credits of the following modules:
|LUBS5403M||Marketing Analytics||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5427M||Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5449M||Digital and Interactive Marketing||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5488M||Company Marketing Project||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
|LUBS5491M||Social Media Marketing||15 credits||1 Jan to 31 May|
Candidates are eligible for the award if they pass the 150 credits of compulsory modules (including the compulsory to pass modules) and achieve an overall average mark of 50 or above, calculated across the 180 credits of modules studied.
Last updated: 24/05/2021 12:50:17
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD