2021/22 Taught Postgraduate Programme Catalogue
MSc (Eng) Engineering Project Management
|Programme code:||MSE-EPM-FT||UCAS code:|
|Duration:||12 Months||Method of Attendance:||Full Time|
|Programme manager:||Mr. Marcus Gronqvist||Contact address:||email@example.com|
A part time version of this programme is available (programme code MSE-EPM-PT). Please contact Mr. Gronqvist for further details.
Total credits: 180
A minimum award of 2.1 in civil engineering or related subject, or membership of an appropriate institution.
School/Unit responsible for the parenting of students and programme:
School of Civil Engineering
Examination board through which the programme will be considered:
Board of Studies for Engineering Project Management
The programme will give the candidates:
- a higher level of generic and transferable management skills.
- better understanding of the principles of project management within an engineering environment.
- familiarise engineers with the problems encountered and the techniques used in the appraisal and implementation of projects.
- encourage a positive attitude to the setting and achieving of realistic performance targets.
- better understanding of working in project structures, with a variety of procurement routes and an emphasis on collaborative working throughout the project life-cycle.
All students should consult the School Code of Practice for Assessment to view the classification requirements for their programme.
Year1 - View timetable
Candidates will be required to study the following compulsory modules:
|CIVE5170M||International Construction Management and Engineering/ Engineering Project Management Dissertation||60 credits||1 Sep to 31 Aug (12mth)|
|CIVE5181M||Project Management||15 credits||Semester 1 (Sep to Jan)|
|CIVE5190M||Advanced Project Management||15 credits||Semester 2 (Jan to Jun)|
|CIVE5220M||Strategic Management in Construction||15 credits||Semester 2 (Jan to Jun)|
|CIVE5230M||People, Organisation and Funding||15 credits||Semester 1 (Sep to Jan)|
|CIVE5233M||Risk Management||15 credits||Semester 1 (Sep to Jan)|
|CIVE5261M||Management of Human Resources and Communications in Projects (MSc)||15 credits||Semester 2 (Jan to Jun)|
|CIVE5360M||Procurement Management||15 credits||Semester 2 (Jan to Jun)|
|CIVE5964M||Value Management||15 credits||Semester 1 (Sep to Jan)|
Last updated: 30/06/2021 16:10:34
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD