2023/24 Taught Postgraduate Programme Catalogue
MSc Organizational Psychology and Business
|Programme code:||MSC-BS/OP&B||UCAS code:|
|Duration:||12 Months||Method of Attendance:||Full Time|
|Programme manager:||Olivia Solomon||Contact address:||O.A.Solomon@leeds.ac.uk|
Total credits: 180
A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons), which includes at least one module focused on ‘research methods’.
This course will be particularly relevant for applicants who hold an undergraduate degree in Psychology. However, we also accept those from other undergraduate backgrounds, as long as at least one module focused on ‘research methods’ was completed as part of the course. Completion of an undergraduate research dissertation project is also advantageous.
For applicants whose first language is not English:
IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any component.
School/Unit responsible for the parenting of students and programme:
Leeds University Business School
Examination board through which the programme will be considered:
Postgraduate Board of Examiners, LUBS
Our graduates will:
1. Understand the empirical and theoretical research literature from the domain of Organizational Psychology ;
2. Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the practical issues associated with implementing and applying such theory in practice;
3. Display technical, interpersonal, analytical and commercial skills to enable them to design and manage effective psychological interventions;
4. Understand the range of research methods and analytical techniques available to the Organizational Psychologist, and how these can be applied to address applied research problems;
5. Be reflective learners with insight and understanding in ethical conduct, global and cultural awareness, professional issues and practical constraint, and a developing professional identity.
Year1 - View timetable
Candidates are eligible for the award if they pass the above compulsory modules and complete satisfactorily the dissertation/independent research project, and in so doing attain the required 180 credits across the modules studied.
|LUBS5379M||Selection and Training for Human Performance||15 credits||Semester 1 (Sep to Jan)|
|LUBS5381M||The Psychology of Effective Organizations||15 credits||Semester 1 (Sep to Jan)|
|LUBS5385M||Systems Thinking and Consulting Practice||15 credits||Semester 1 (Sep to Jan)|
|LUBS5386M||Organizational Development and Change||15 credits||Semester 2 (Jan to Jun)|
|LUBS5392M||Dissertation||60 credits||1 Oct to 30 Sep (12mth)|
|LUBS5393M||Managing Performance and Developing Careers||15 credits||Semester 2 (Jan to Jun)|
|LUBS5395M||Research Design and Analysis||15 credits||Semester 1 (Sep to Jan)|
|LUBS5397M||Advanced Behavioural Research Design and Analysis||15 credits||Semester 2 (Jan to Jun)|
|LUBS5584M||Commercial and Professional Skills||15 credits||Semester 2 (Jan to Jun)|
Last updated: 25/05/2023 14:06:13
Browse Other Catalogues
- Undergraduate module catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate module catalogue
- Undergraduate programme catalogue
- Taught Postgraduate programme catalogue
Errors, omissions, failed links etc should be notified to the Catalogue Team.PROD